- This event has passed.
International Competition Carlo Maria Giulini 2021
10 September 2021 @08:00 - 12 September 2021 @17:00
String and String & Piano Chamber Music Ensemble
International contest for soloists and chamber music ensembles Carlo Maria Giulini
The Contest differs from other similar competitions as it pays special attention to different aspects of academic training: the aim is to bring together young talents from all over the world. In addition to the cash prize, the winners will receive scholarships and support (accommodation and other benefits). The December 2020 edition will include string instruments (for chamber music also strings and piano ensembles from duo to quintet), and in 2021 the edition of wind instruments – still for the soloist and chamber music ensembles categories.
2020 EDITION for String instruments: Soloists and chamber music strings and piano groups
VENUE: Claudio Monteverdi Conservatory of Music, Bolzano, Italy, Michelangeli Hall
SOLOISTS CATEGORY: There will be a single competition for violin, viola, cello and double bass: each jury will be chaired by the director of the Conservatory, or a person appointed by him, as well as 5 international experts in the field of music.
There will be a first and a second prize for the two categories as well as prizes for the best European and the best non-European competitor, for the youngest competitor, and other prizes are still to be established.
CHAMBER MUSIC GROUPS CATEGORY: There will be a single competition for violin, viola, cello and double bass: each committee will be chaired by the director of the Conservatory or a person appointed by him, as well as 5 international experts in the field of music.
- Soloists Category: 3.500 € Euro (First prize); 1.500 € (Second prize);
- Chamber music groups Category: 5.000 € (First prize wins the study scholarship from the Heritage of Maestro Carlo Maria Giulini left to the Conservatory of Bolzano), 2.500 € (Second Prize).
- Prize “Bolzano City” for the best soloist 1.500 € (provided by the city of Bolzano).
- There winnee of the soloist category will also be awarded three solo concerts in 2021 (as a duo or accompanied by the Monteverdi Academy) in the Michelangeli Hall of the Conservatoire and in other venues in the province of Bolzano, yet to be decided. Three concerts will also be awarded to winners of chamber music groups category. These concerts will be remunerated with additional scholarships.
- Exemption from enrolment fees for academic courses in 2021-2022.
DEADLINE FOR ENROLLMENT: deadline ended